Wednesday, March 6, 2013

England, Day 2

Day 2 in England was even more exciting than the first. We had a great breakfast with Guy. He was at Toronto and his knowledge and wisdom is so extensive. It truly was an honor to be sitting with him and learning. I had a traditional English breakfast, which consisted of semi normal things, like eggs and bacon and sausage and even beans. Also on the plate, was a delicacy known as "black pudding". I had been semi-avoiding it while eating the other items on my plate when Guy and Robby asked me if I knew what black pudding was. I wanted to google it but my smart phone isn't so smart over here. They told me they would tell me what it was after I tried it. I'm trying to be a little more adventurous while I'm here so I thought what the heck, I'll try it. So I cut it up and took a bite—keep in mind this isn't pudding like snack pack, it's solid, and similar to the consistency of a muffin—and mid bite Guy says, "It's blood." He then reassured me it was only pigs blood. I took a second bite and decided that was quite enough of that.

After breakfast we walked over to the church and got set up and listened to the first session. The worship they are doing here is very heavily Bethel. It reminds me a lot of the vineyard in Urbana so I feel almost like I'm at home. We listened to the morning sessions, went to lunch, and after lunch we went to catch a nap.

For the evening session, Robby was preaching. It was a powerful message and he told some really awesome stories. One of them was about when he brought healing to a few people on an airplane, and because of it the flight attendant and Jewish woman sitting next to him gave their lives to Christ. Tje flight attendant also had a very powerful encounter with the love of the Father but I can't really tell the whole story in the blog post, or it would be a few pages. During ministry time the Holy Spirit really fell and there were tons of healings and people were encountering God all over the room. It was really fantastic. After the service we went to this little pub right by the church and we were hanging out with some of the younger people at the conference. Robby prayed for a man with neck pain and it got significantly better. After the pub we went back to the hotel and I got to face time Sarah, and Adam, Eli and Brandon popped in and said Hi too.

Overall, it was a good day and I have high expectations for tomorrow.

Blessings and love to you!

P.S. here are a few pictures!
This is the church during Worship.

And below is the view from my hotel room.

No comments:

Post a Comment